1. Remove all previous traces of makeup using makeup remover. Old makeup can gum up your eyelash curler and create a messy appearance.
2. Wash and dry your face, eliminating any residue from the makeup remover. These types of products can stop your eyelashes from maintaining a good curl.
3. Use the hair dryer to heat the eyelash curler. A warm appliance helps set a longer lasting curl.
4. Hold the curler in your hand in the same fashion you normally hold a pair of scissors. Position the curler upright so your hand rests beneath the curling bar. The curve must face outward.
5. Open the curler and carefully bring it near your upper lashes. Gently position your upper eyelashes between the curling blades at the mid-point. Straighten the curler so it catches all the lashes at an equal distance from their base.
6. Close the curler carefully on the lashes and examine the grip. If you're not satisfied, open the blades and reposition the curler. When you're happy with the grip, squeeze the curler handles tightly and hold in place for several seconds without blinking.
7. Open the eyelash curler and examine the curl. Repeat if necessary to define the curl before applying makeup. Repeat Steps 3 to 6 on the other eye.