Mix together thoroughly in a bowl. Chill, if desired.
HINT: Amounts of Comfrey Root or Aloe Vera gel may be increased, but do not increase the amounts of clove or peppermint oils, as they may cause skin irritation.
Cucumber Sunburn Lotion
1 cucumber - chopped
1/4 cup Glycerin
1/4/ cup Rose-water
Squeeze juice out of the cucumber with a lemon-squeezer, and mix with Glycerin and Rose-water.
Sunburn Soothing Bath
2-4 cups *Colloidal (not regular) oatmeal
1/2 to 1 cup baking soda
1-2 cups powdered Chamomile flowers
1 cup buttermilk, optional
Add all ingredients to bath water, or wrap in cheesecloth and tie to the faucet for adding aroma.
2 fluid ounces of distilled water
9 drops of lavender
2 drops of peppermint
1 drop of spearmint
Mix all, then mist lightly over sun-burned skin.
Various Natural/Homemade Remedies
1. Apply undiluted apple cider vinegar to sunburn.
2. Mix 10 ounces Non-fat Dry Milk, 2 tablespoons salt and 25 ounces water. Saturate cloth and apply to sunburn 20 minutes.
3. Apply mayonnaise as a skin cream to sunburn.
4. Use Aloe plant, or pure aloe vera gel.
5. Apply peanut oil to sun-burned area(s).
6. Apply thin slices of cold cucumbers, apples, or potato directly to the skin.
7. Apply cold, plain yogurt, then rinse with cool water.
8. Apply cold, used tea bags to sun-burned eyelids to relieve pain and swelling.